« Home | The Writer Guy... » | Boca Grande...Heating Up » | It's Tarpon Time! »

Community of Parrots

I decided to write today about how some people gather, socialize, and enjoy the coastal areas of Florida. As my interest expands I'll be writing more about other regions of the Florida Gulf Coast, but for now my attention turns to the Sarasota Bay Parrot Head Club.

Parrot Heads enjoy many social activities such as raft-ups, reef diving to preserve marine life, beach preservation weekends, concerts, and many more relaxed gatherings. There's no age discrimination either, I've seen bikini strapping 20 year olds to freed-up 80 year old fishermen (or women) at Parrot Head functions.

Relax, Life Really Is Good!

The whole Parrot Head idea seems really more about connecting and free enjoyment of life than many other "clubs" I know of. Don't assume that Parrot Head clubs are just for the Florida Gulf Coast...their not. They are really spread througout the US and tropical islands too.

Here's a sample of the popular Sarasota Bay Parrot Head Club website. I've attended a couple of their gatherings and can say sincerely that you can't leave without making a friend at one of their functions....so look them up! Find them HERE!

Labels: , , , ,